uNiTeD wE sTaNd, DiViDeD wE fALL...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uNiTeD wE sTaNd, DiViDeD wE fALL...

memories of us shall never fade away... It will eventually grow stronger everyday...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Studying in UK and Australia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lipwei

lipwei

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Studying in UK and Australia Empty
PostSubject: Studying in UK and Australia   Studying in UK and Australia Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Guys, from what i know and what i got from education counsellors, only a handful of australian universities recognize the UEC certificate as a means of determining your eligibility for any of their undergraduate programs (most notably University of Melbourne and University of Adelaide, from what i know, but these 2 unis are almost everyone's uni of choice when we're talking about studying in australia, so no worries).

But for the UK...... bad news. The major universities don't really recognize the UEC as an academic program. They probably only recognize the Cambridge A-Levels and some other really well-known international academic programs. Some UK unis don't even recognize the australian year 12 programs(including the SAM programme i'm doing now in Taylor's). So if you're still planning to study in UK with your UEC certificate, you'll probably have to do one or two years locally, and then with your 1st/2nd year results, get into the uni of your choice. This is probably the best alternative. The other alternative would be to spend another 1.5 years doing your Cambridge A-Levels, which can get you anywhere in the world. Which is really silly. Or spend 10 months doing your SAMs.

so what you can do or could've done is, if you're really undecided with your future, take the A-levels, it can get you anywhere in the world. It is, undoubtedly, the most recognized Pre-U certificate. If you're thinking of going to australia, yes you can use your UEC certificate, or you can be like me, opting to leave school and take up the SAM programme(might as well get used to the system, language and the way things work in australia). SAM is also not exam-based like the A-levels are, it's 50% coursework/common tests/assignments/projects and 50% external exam. So it's somewhat active learning. I hope.

SO LEAVE TSUN JIN AND COME JOIN TAYLOR'S UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!1!!1!1111oneoneleven

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------AND CHECK OUT MY COOL STUDENT ID CARD. ANOTHER REASON TO LEAVE TSUN JIN.

jk. Just concentrate on your UECs first. Decide later.
Back to top Go down
Filet-o-Fish

Filet-o-Fish

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Studying in UK and Australia   Studying in UK and Australia Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:10 pm

That's is what i am afraid with...........so lan diao........i should have went to AUS last year with my qing qi..........TAYLORS' Accept NON-SPM student? XD

Anyway...... i will still taking up for UEC.(Coz i have no choices......)
Back to top Go down
NeARn

NeARn

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Studying in UK and Australia   Studying in UK and Australia Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 8:49 pm

aiyo...many ppl want go aus...i got think 2 go wth your guys de...but the fee really damn exp le...2day the idp de ppl tell us a lot...if 4 year there need 0.4 million leh...if study in the best school in aus lar (abt sains)... 1 year 0.1 million leh T_T UEC de exam need all A woh if u want take the jiang xue jin...25% onli nia...haiz..............................2day oso got go taylor 2 see see...mmm...bad bad XD inti better wakakakak....
Back to top Go down
Filet-o-Fish

Filet-o-Fish

PostSubject: Re: Studying in UK and Australia   Studying in UK and Australia Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Diu = =..................then all ppl go SG suan ler..........schoolarship 100%.........
Back to top Go down
lipwei

lipwei

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Studying in UK and Australia   Studying in UK and Australia Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 1:35 am

taylor's SAM results are amazing...... it's something like 5% of taylor's students get top 1% in the world, 20% get top 5% in the world, 40% get top 10% in the world, and 65% get top 20% in the world. I think sunway's campus atmosphere is much better, but the results aren't that good. Which is why many people to do their SAMs in Taylor's. Including me. And to get into the engineering course, i have to get a TER of at least 80 (which means i have to be in the top 20% in the world for this particular program). And the facilities are pretty damn good here.

And about studying in Australia....... I mean yeah it's a huge sum of money but when compared with the UK and the US and Europe, it costs alot less. And it recognizes the UEC certificate, unlike many other countries. And i have been to the universities in Australia to look around, i think it's a great place to study and to live in.

So where else can we go? Thailand? Indonesia? India? The only best OTHER alternative i can think of is Singapore. Closer, cheaper and Singaporean universities LOVE uec students. But the lifestyle would be pretty much the same as the lifestyle in here.......
Back to top Go down
Filet-o-Fish

Filet-o-Fish

PostSubject: Re: Studying in UK and Australia   Studying in UK and Australia Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 1:02 pm

If u are just looking for a good University and have a wonderful study life, then u should go to SG. But for some of us, i think that U should be a good place to learning , experiencing and else ...........have fun something........

Don't you think that SG is toooooooo bored ? Almost the same lifestyle.........

AUS have manyyyyy foreign student as well, just like what you heard from Xuan's brother , you can get many benefits there.

And.......the last thing i cannot imagine was..........one day you asked your SG friends for bringing u to traveling some place......then they will answer you: "Alright , let's
go to 圣匋沙 island. WOooooooHuuuuuuuu~!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Studying in UK and Australia   Studying in UK and Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Studying in UK and Australia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
uNiTeD wE sTaNd, DiViDeD wE fALL... :: Sharing... :: About Studying Abroad...-
Jump to: